Brisbane River is the major element which has shaped Brisbane city. All the residential blocks, including houses and units with the river view, have always been the most desirable living places in this beautiful city. But the recent flooding in Brisbane has affected these residential areas and at the moment the main concern for buying a house in Brisbane is the flood level.
Here is an idea for designing a RESIDENTIAL BLOCK close to the river. Some of the concepts are:
• Decreasing the footprint and increasing the density.
• Pedestrian access from first level. (One level higher than the ground floor)
• Using trees and turf in ground level
• Using shrubs and ornamental plants along the pedestrian access in first level
• Proposing one movable jetty instead of several fixed jetties.
• Having setbacks in ground level near the river
- Better warning systems and engineers
- Build out of flood plains
- Competent Engineers
- Resilient Homes
- False flood evacuations
- Evacuate to the moon
- Everybody drink more water
follow us on twitter
signup for updates